Monday, April 16, 2012

Good Morning...and it was

Went to the beach this morning to clear my head of the weekend. I also find the ocean air helps when I'm fighting a virus. Maybe it's in my head, but I'm OK with that.

Some stormy looking clouds were moving in, but they wimped out and dissipated.  No rain. Unfortunately, as we could use it here.

Photobucket
Nearly had the whole beach to myself...

Photobucket
except for these guys.

They are called "Piping Plover".  They are adorable to watch. They run around the water line all nervous-like as the tide pulls back they run towards the ocean looking for food and they sprint away when the water returns.  They look like they're afraid to get their feet wet. 

Photobucket
Run away! Aaaahhhh!




I did bring one friend with me.

Photobucket
"Hello."


There was an older gentleman there using a metal detector swishing it all around up and down the beach.  I found him to be so "local" that he was adorable.  I realized that we both were finding our own treasure there.  Here's mine...

Photobucket
Morning breaking through the stormy clouds.

No wonder we call it The Treasure Coast here.  I am truly blessed.

10 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful, love the beach.

Anonymous said...

I just can say "WOW". I also live close to the sea, in Co. Wicklow, Ireland. But we absolutely could do with warmth and sun (being Italian I miss it big style)...so I could send you some Irish rain and you could send me some Florida sun :)

Effie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Effie said...

Tirabaralla, that sounds like a fair trade. :)

Denise, yes the beach is so many things to so many people. I share the beachy love.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I have very fond memories of the beach and photos to prove it..real treasures..
Glad you enjoyed the sea mist and time well spent enjoying one of God's best creations.
Nice pics too...smiles

allisamazing said...

I would love to live by the ocean. Such beautiful pictures. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have followed you back :)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your soothing trip to the beach. It just relaxes me to see your pic's. I am hopping over from It's So Very Cheri blog hop and am now following you on Linky Followers. I would so love a visit and a follow back.

Dixie n Dottie said...

What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Visiting from It's So Very Cheri Blog Hop.
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

Its So Very Cheri said...

Hey Its Cheri from Its So Very Cheri. I live by the beach and yes those guys with metal detectors are always out looking for treasures. They do find diamond rings and money.... Your photo is gorgeous.

Cheri

Linda Leyble said...

Hi Effie - thanks for stopping by my blog this morning! I left some ideas for you in the comments - so check it out. I think you will love some of my ideas for you about turquoise!

I love (and now miss)the beach so much. I can't wait til the spring to go back.

Bye for now!!

Linda

http://www.thecolorfulbee.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...